FV WordPress Flowplayer plugin is a free, easy-to-use, and complete solution for embedding FLV or MP4 videos into your posts or pages.
- FV WordPress Flowplayer is completely non-commercial. It contains modified opensource version of Flowplayer, with obnoxious Flowplayer branding on the front end (which makes the player useless) removed. (Alas some branding is now included but minimised).
- Supported video formats are FLV, H.264, and MP4. Multiple videos can be displayed in one post or page.
- Default options (including the layout of player) for all the embedded videos can be set in comprehensive administration menu.
- Provides an easy to use insert Flowplayer button
- It is loosely based on WordPress Flowplayer plugin. However, there are several improvements:
- Doesn't use jQuery or any external library, so there will be no future conflicts with other plugins.
- Usage is simpler and forgiving, making the plugin easier to use.
- It will never display any annoying flowplayer logos or copyrights over your videos (20100815 current version does display a minimal amount of branding: fortunately Flowplayer Ltd. no longer superimposes their logo on playing version of plugin).
- Allows user to display clickable splash screen at the beginning of video (which not only looks good, but improves the performance significantly).
- Allows user to display popup box after the video ends, with any HTML content (clickable links, images, styling, etc.)
- Allows user to upload videos through WP Media Library
Make sure to read our FV WordPress Flowplayer User Guide.
FV WordPress Flowplayer & WP 3.0
The plugin has been tested with WP 3.0 from the version 1.0.2.
Older stable version 0.9.18 runs under WP 3.0 as well.
Widgets and templates:
You can use the standard Flowplayer shortcode in the default WordPress Text widgets.
You can also use it in your templates. All you have to do is to use it as a parameter of
flowplayer() php function.
<?php flowplayer('[flowplayer src=http://somesite.com/videos/example.flv]'); ?>
Please read the installation guide for simple installation instructions.
Download latest version (1.2.17) of the plugin here:
Download version 1.0.6 (without branding) of the plugin here:
FV WordPress Flowplayer now supports HTML 5! Leave your comments about HTML5 here.