Here's how to insert videos with FV WordPress Flowplayer.
1. Click the "Add FV WP Flowplayer" icon
Click the Flowplayer icon
2. A popup dialog will appear. You can either will in the video path and dimensions and click "Insert", then the resulting shortcode will be inserted into your post.
Editing FV WP Flowplayer shortcode
3. Or you can click "open media library" and pick the video from Media Library:
Listing videos in the Media Library
4. Then click "Insert into Post" for the desired video
Click Insert into Post to get your video URL into the shortcode editor
5. You will be taken back to the editing of the shortcode and the video URL, height and width will be automatically filled in. You can use similar function to pick the splash image.
6. To edit the existing shortcode, just place your cursor into it and click the FV WP Flowplayer button again. The attributes will be taken into the dialog window and you will be able to edit them with ease.
FV WP Flowplayer shortcode in the post editor
7. When you save the post and open it, you will see the video:
If you are using Foliopress WYSIWYG
It's pretty much the same, but you hit a different button:
Just type in the shortcode and include the src parameter. Use the full path. You also add splash parameter with full path to splash image.
[fvplayer src="http://site.com/videos/video.flv" splash="http://site.com/videos/video.jpg"]
Several more features can be used, just add following pieces to the shortcode:
- Autoplay for single videos
- Redirect after video stops playing
- Show or hide controlbar
- Show the splash image also when the video finishes playing
- Example of the popup at the end of the video
popup="Would you like to share the video or play it once again?"
Click play or share the video at the end
How to enter license key and upload custom logo
1. If you don't have the License Key yet, you can obtain it here.
2. In your WordPress Admin Dashboard, go to Settings --> FV WordPress Flowplayer and enter the License Key into the field. You can also pick the image:
3. If you want custom logo, click "open media library" as shown above. Then upload your image and click "Insert into Post" as shown on the next screenshot. Transparent PNG with width below 100px works well.
If you don't enter any image, there will be simply no logo displayed.
4. Hit "Apply Changes" and if you entered your License Key correctly, you should already see the video appearing with your logo, or no logo if you haven't provided one.