- User Guide
- Do you need a help with set-up?
- How to create playlists
- Video Encoding for HTML 5
- How to use Video Lightbox effect
- How to use YouTube with FV Flowplayer
- How to set up quality switching
- How to use Vimeo Plus/Pro
- Google Video Advertising Options
- How to incorporate Google Ads (AdSense)
- How to use video ads (pre-roll and post-roll)
- Serving Private Videos via CloudFront
- Serving Private Videos with Amazon S3
- Amazon S3 MIME Settings
- How to use Google Analytics with FV Flowplayer
- How to use ads in FV Flowplayer
- VTT Chapters
- How to create subtitles
- How to use RTMP streams with Flash
- Compare WP Video Plugins
- Incompatible Plugins
- VAST/VPAID Ads
- Programmer's Guide
Facing a hard to solve WordPress
problem? On a tight deadline?
Let us take care of it for youFoliovision Pro Support
HLS live stream issues on iPhone and Android
Annoula: “Thank you Martin! We test it at Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and…”
CloudFront: Access to video forbidden (HTTP 403)!
Martin: “Hello Marek, check our guide here for tips, the "First prepare your…”
Two Amazon S3 Buckets
Martin: “Hello Marek, there might be other factors. Here we use Amazon S3…”
juniorbra: “Hi, I am trying to insert a video within a page here…”
Aris A.: “Hello, I've tracked the problem and now it's working perfectly. Thank…”
Presales Questions - Aparat.com
amiremami: “Just one another question, Is it possible to support this site…”
FV Flowplayer Fullscreen, Embed and Fast Forward Not Working
flowtation: “Hi, This is happen when I tried using WEBM, haven't tried other…”
- HLS live stream issues on iPhone and Android
- How to insert videos
- How to insert videos manually
- How to enter the license key and custom logo
- How to achieve the best possible video performance
Here's a simple guide to inserting videos with FV WordPress Flowplayer.
1. Click the "Add FV WP Flowplayer" icon as shown on the screenshot below:
Click the Flowplayer icon
2. A popup dialog box will appear. You can write the video path and dimensions (width and height) and click "Insert". The resulting shortcode will then be inserted into your post:
3. Alternatively, you can click "open media library" and pick a video from the Media Library:
4. Click "Insert into Post" for the desired video:
Click Insert into Post to get your video URL into the shortcode editor
5. You will be directed back to the editing of the shortcode and the video URL. Height and width will be filled in automatically. You can use a similar function to pick the splash image.
6. To edit the existing shortcode, just move your cursor over it and click the FV WP Flowplayer button again. The attributes will be copied into the dialog box and you will be able to edit them easily:
FV WP Flowplayer shortcode in the post editor
7. When you save the post and open it, you will see the video:
If you use Foliopress WYSIWYG
It's pretty much the same, but you hit a different button, as shown below:
Type in the [fvplayer] shortcode and add the src parameter. Use the full path. You also add the splash parameter with the full path to the splash image.
[fvplayer src="http://site.com/videos/video.mp4" splash="http://site.com/videos/video.jpg" width="640" height="360"]
You can use several more features if you add following pieces to the shortcode:
- Autoplay for single videos:
- Redirect when a video stops playing:
- Show or hide the controlbar - enter one of these or omit for default behavior:
controlbar="yes" - visible while playing
controlbar="no" - no controls visible
- Show the splash image also when the video finishes playing:
- Example of the popup at the end of the video:
popup="Would you like to share the video or play it once again?"
Click play or share the video at the end
How to enter a license key and upload a custom logo
1. If you don't have a License Key yet, you can buy it here.
2. In your WordPress Admin Dashboard, go to Settings --> FV WordPress Flowplayer and enter the License Key into the "Commercial License Key" field. You can also pick the image:
3. If you want a custom logo, click "open media library" as shown above. Then upload your image and click "Insert into Post" as shown on the screenshot below. The transparent PNG format with width below 100 pixels works well.
If you do not enter any image, no logo will displayed.
4. Hit "Apply Changes" and if you entered your License Key correctly, you should be able to see the video appearing with your logo, or without the logo if you haven't uploaded any. Just check it out in the "Player Skin" box.
What formats to choose
This is a topic for another article, however:
- Start by inserting your video in MP4 format on HTTP protocol into the first "Video" field as that covers most of the browsers (some might need to use Flash version of our player - Firefox on Mac, Opera...)
For optimized Flash streaming add in the RTMP distribution of your video.
Other option would be to provide the video in WEBM format over HTTP (supported by Firefox and Opera) - if you can re-encode your videos.
Any of these is a great addition as Flash is capable of random seeking (skipping to part of the video which is not yet buffered) only when using RTMP.
- And last - if possible, provide your video over HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) protocol in M3U8 format - best possible streaming for Apple devices and browsers. You have to hit the "Add another format" button to be able to add another format.
Note: if you want fastest possible delivery across the globe, you might consider using some cloud service too.