Sometimes a website can be setup to help one party and instead help another.
For one of my websites, I need to license some photos.
I haven’t had the right language for the contract. I looked at the contracts from the stock agencies but they were way too elaborate. I tried to find a local lawyer but none of them were competent in intellectual property. I sent somebody to contact the international law firms but they wanted thousands of dollars.
Thanks to Carolyn Wright, I now have my new contract by piecing together the parts which are supposed to worry photographers.
I did rewrite my contract to make it more fair to the photographer, allowing exhibition and print rights.
My main concern is to ensure that these images don’t turn up on other websites.