Version 1.6.21 of FV Simpler SEO released just now adds support for Google Authorship and Publisher fields.
To setup Google Authorship:
- Install FV Simpler SEO and visit Settings -> FV Simpler SEO and put your Google+ profile link into "Google+ Default Author". That will be used for entire site.
- If you also have a company Google+ profile page, put it into the "Google+ Site Publisher" field
- If you have multiple authors, fill in "Google+" in their user profiles on your site. That will adjust the authorship for the users' posts - the default author won't be used for these.
- Each Google+ profile which you use must have your website entered in About -> Links -> (click Edit) and add the site in one of the "Other profiles", "Contributor to" or "Links" sections.
- Last step - check your site in Google Structured Data Testing Tool