Hi, Congratulations for the excellent plugin. I am looking for to use video streaming to clients after purchase protected content. I am quite familiar with AWS. Created S3 bucket, respective Cloudfront distribution necessary on your plugin settings but then I dont know where to get that URL rtmp:mmmm:server…. that you mention on your documentation. Could you explain? thanks
I uploaded a video file to S3. I created a cloudfront distribution for streaming having as origin the S3 bucket where the video file is located
I would like videos to remain private, only accessible to logged in users on the website (intranet) so I kept permissions on this s3 Bucket as non-public
If i try to access the video file from a browser it works as signed in URL
I fill in FV settings as ‘http://www.screencast.com/t/jdK5PJPL’
which gives using signed in URls
[fvplayer src='http://sergioalexvieiraprivate.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Nokia%20is%20the%20Best%20Investment.mp4?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIVFBN45K76YRIQ2A&Expires=1379163965&Signature=vdjHq1HOBw0R9fYMf7oxM1tEVT8%3D' rtmp="s33szstexhu0kp.cloudfront.net/cfx/st" rtmp_path="Nokia%20is%20the%20Best%20Investment.mp4" width=640 height=480 embed=false ad_skip=yes]
thank you for the screenshots.
You can’t just copy the Amazon secure URL and paste it as a video source, because the URL expires – that’s how it works.
What you need to do is to add your Amazon bucket name, API key and secret API key in Settings -> FV WordPress Flowplayer -> Amazon S3 Protected Content. You can get these keys on this link, after you log in to Amazon AWS: https://portal.aws.amazon.com/gp/aws/securityCredentials
That way plugin will always use a fresh URL. We will create an illustrated guide for this.
I filled in those fields but I believe it is necessary a guide, too many questions trying to use cloudfront to serve protected files
1) I upload the video to S3 bucket which has permission not to read
2) how to set up the thumbnail? where do I set up it on the video player?
3) I used Default Expire Time 1440 minutes
4) Cloudfront server something like s33szstexhu0kp.cloudfront.net
5) rmtp server something like rtmp://s3cc5te6glq6zd.cloudfront.net/cfx/st
6) Video file mp4 fallback to html5. If I use a simple URL to the video file which is in a S3 protected bucket it will not be played so I end up always with the same problem as before
It seems that I partially solved my issues
Besides having a video file in a private S3 bucket for streaming using cloudfront I had to upload the same video to a public S3 bucket
It works on desktop and Ipad, however
1) How do I know I am using rtmp instead of standard download?
2) where to set up thumbnail for the video could not figure out
I’ll go through your questions one by one:
2) To set the thumbnail, just click “Add Image” button next to the “Splash Image” entry field in the Add FV Flowplayer dialog. Read more about usage in our User Guide, although I see we need to update screenshots.
3) Our plugin checks your video file and sets the expire time to its length. If user runs out of the time, we show a sensible message for the user to reload the page as the link is expired.
6) If you entered proper keys and bucket name in Settings -> FV WordPress Flowplayer -> Amazon S3 Protected Content, just using simple URL should work, as the URL will get its Amazon S3 signature automatically. If this gives you an error message, there must be something wrong.
Please let us know if you are still having issues. If you buy our plugin license, we can take care of your issues right on your site for you.