How to make sure your Feedburner subscribers re-subscribe on your new newsletter.
Need a quick alternative to Feedburner now?
Extended trial on Feedblitz available with freetrial60 coupon code! Comparison below. If you don't like monthly fees, we'd recommend our own FV Feedburner Replacement. We'll even set it all up for you for a small one time fee, including the license for Newsletter Pro.
Lots of our big clients woke up to a nasty surprise on Friday 21 September: Zero subscribers in Feedburner.
I've never been that great a fan of Feedburner. It's a largely unnecessary external service. But it's free and clients often come to us with Feedburner already implemented. Who are Foliovision to argue with them about a free service which usually works.
Why don't I like external services and especially free services?
- there's usually no customer support (Feedburner check)
- there are no service guarantees (Feedburner check)
- there are no promises for future service (Feedburner check)
- there is no one to appeal to: managers hide (Feedburner check)
- usually you are on a URL you don't control (Feedburner check)
I learned the hard way with four services: