iPad and iPhone users should be very wary of upgrading to iOS 13.5. There's no path backwards: it will track and trace you in entirely new ways.
I’ve just spent an hour helping a client get set up with secondary addresses in Gmail within Apple Mail. She’s tried and failed to get Apple Mail to work reliably enough for her taste on vanilla IMAP. Our own four full articles on the idiosyncracies of Apple Mail IMAP support her point:
- Apple Mail: Migrating from POP to IMAP Smoothly for Power Users
- Apple Mail, IMAP, IDLE and Smart Mailboxes don’t mix well, spike CPU
- Apple Mail: Getting rid of multiple draft messages in IMAP
- Apple Mail: Fixing Broken IMAP accounts after a server move
- Apple Mail IMAP: Sent Mail Showing up in wrong folder on second computer
Just as we got to the goal line, B. asked me about setting up Mail on the iPad to work with secondary addresses in Gmail.
Turns out that’s it’s pretty difficult: