FV Player Pro has a new Pay Per View feature which works with Restrict Content Pro. We made the decision to work with that plugin as we like how it looks and how it works. Plus it means you can easily offer the monthly based membership as well as individual video rentals.
With this setup you can:
- offer any video for 24 hour rental for $2.99
- offer a weekly membership for your website with access to all the videos at $9.99
We are preparing a full guide, this is just something for our testers who already know our plugin.
Here's how it works:
- The subscription levels are set in Restrict Content Pro, just create:
- 24 Hour video rental, duration 1 day, price $2.99
- 1 Week access to all videos, duration 7 days, $9.99
What is important is the duration and price.
- The Pay Per View can be configured in FV Player Pro > Pay Per View (Pro). Here you can:
- pick which subscription levels are for Pay Per View - pick 24 Hour video rental
- adjust the signup form title and description
Individual videos to be available for rent are then posted into posts or pages, one video per post. It uses the Restrict Content Pro shortcodes to separate the preview videos and full videos, which also allows you to put in more sales text into the [is_not_paid] content and use any popup message for the preview video.
Here's what you need to enter:
[is_not_paid] [fvplayer src="your video hosted without any download protection"] [/is_not_paid] [is_paid] [fvplayer src="protected video - Amazon S3, CloudFront, Vimeo, encrypted HLS (coming soon)"] [/is_paid]
The signup form gets inserted into the [is_not_paid] part automatically. That eases up the setup a bit. It lists all the subscription options so that users see they can rent just the single video or a full membership.
User experience is also important.
- User gets to see only the video teaser and can purchase the video by using the form below:
- The user pays via PayPal and then gets back to the site and sees what time is remaining to see the video:
- Put [[fv_player_rentals]] to the page where Restrict Content Pro created the user subscription page to list the video rentals for the user: