We just added this feature for FV Player Pro - our FV WordPress Flowplayer module which is available for all the licensed users. Here are the main advantages over using the Amazon S3 protected content support which is supported by our plugin as well:
- CloudFront is a CDN, Amazon S3 is not.
That means your videos are delivered at top speed across the globe.
- We generate the signed video URLs dynamically.
There is no video URL to grab from the page HTML source (when using Amazon S3 you can still easily grab the time-limited URL from HTML source).
The downside is that CloudFront takes quite a bit of work to setup. First you need working Amazon S3, then you can start with CloudFront and you also need the access keys. So we put together a step by step guide for CloudFront setup, to make it as easy as possible.
If you have a Vimeo account, we recommend that you upgrade to Vimeo Pro, as that way you get a superb video converter and video hosting service which you can use with our Pro plugin as well.
Following video player uses playlist technology with dynamically loaded CloudFront file URLs with download protection:
More demos can be found on our Amazon CloudFront with Download Protection demo page.
- You can install our plugin via WordPress
- You can also buy our license and get the Pro extension (also supports advanced Vimeo integration, video lightbox, quality switching)
- More resources, how-tos and documentation available on our site
- Support available on our FV Flowplayer forums
Martin graduated as an engineer in Computer Science from Slovak Technical University in Bratislava. Martin grew up in Liptovský Mikuláš in northern Slovakia next to the beautiful Tatra mountains. All the calming wonders of nature have not had an effect on Martin yet as his free time is dedicated to leading themetal band Striguli on […]