List of contents:
To start using ExoClick ads with your videos, you will need two things. The first is a Pro license of our player - you can purchase it here. The second one is an active Publisher account on ExoClick.com. Creating such account is free and doesn't require any payment credentials.
You can create one by clicking the Sign Up buttton on their website, filling out the details and selecting the Publisher account type.
Afterwards just confirm the registration via the confirmation email and you can proceed to creating ads.
Adding Your Site
Log into your account, go to the Publishers tab and Sites & Ad Zones under it. This is the section where you can add websites, where you want the ads to be served, and eventually create the individual ad formats (called Ad Zones) that you will implement in them. You can also edit the settings of both whenever you want.
When you don't have anything set up, you will automatically be transferred to the screen where you add a new site. Fill out all the fields. The "Main Category" field has only three categories in the drop down at the moment, with Entertainment & Lifestyle being the most general of them at this moment. Selecting the category will determine the sub-categories you will be able to select in the Ad Zone settings later. You can always edit this setting.
Creating the Ad Zones
You should be in the screen Create a new Ad Zone. FV Player Pro currently supports only the In-Video format, that is in the Web Advertising section. Select it and click Next.
Now you can set the actual ad parameters:
- Site - the website on which the ad will be used. You can select more, if you set more than one website.
- Ad Zone Name - name the ad however suits you.
- Category - here you can see the Main Category setting of your website, which you selected earlier.
- Subcategory (optional) - this field will determine the content of your ads. Select the option that you want, or does fit the most to the content of your website.
- In-Video Events - here you can select when the ad will roll and what format it will have. You can pick from pre-roll, post-roll or on-pause (will appear every time the video is paused), or smaller in-stream and in-stream text ads.
You can also open the Advanced Options and filter the content of the ads shown in your videos by blocking specific products or ad types. As you can see in the picture below, we don't want any adult content or ads that promote gambling, so the filters are set accordingly.
After hitting Save & Preview, you will be presented with the generated script.
Implementation to FV Player
To implement the script into FV Player, you will need to copy a few parts of it into the respective fields in the player's settings. Go to Settings -> FV Player Pro -> Actions tab -> Exoclick Ads (Pro) and fill out the data with the values from the script and then click Save All Changes.
The fields in settings require values from these tags:
- Exoclick login - "login"
- Exoclick category ID - "cat"
- Exoclick zone ID - "idzone"
- Exoclick site ID - "idsite"
After you have correctly set the values, you will immediately be able to see the ads on all your videos.