I purchased the VAST plugin and am using it to show video pre-rolls. In order to maximize my revenue, I need data on how my ads are filling by my users. Many ad partners provide tracking pixels which can be placed inside players and make calls to their servers so you can see things like:
– Player load event (did the player even load?)
– Ad request event (did the player call for an ad?)
– Pre-roll start (Was an ad returned and did it begin to be watched?)
– Ad click event (Did the user click on the ad?)
– Pre-roll complete (Did the user watch the entire pre-roll?)
Right now I’m using the Google Analytics integration you offer, but it doesn’t give me the detail I need. I can see how much of the content video was watched and slice by campaign, but it doesn’t tell me things about the ad itself. Are users skipping the ad? Are they clicking out? Are ads even filling?
As a VAST/VPAID add-on user, I need to be able to track ad events so that I can optimize my ad waterfalls and troubleshoot when necessary.
Let me know if you have any questions on this. Happy to help where I can!