As logins and passwords are very sensitive pieces of information that need to be protected, they should not be shared freely via unsecured emails or tools such as Skype or chats, as they could be tracked down and misused by a third party. We would like to suggest these new guidelines on how to send us your personal information, logins and passwords from now on.
LastPass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure. We highly recommend creating your LastPass profile that will give you access to all your passwords stored in your LastPass Vault, all protected by one really strong master password that you use when logging in.
- You can learn more about how LastPass works here.
- Create your new LastPass account here. You don't have to download LastPass if you don't want to, just Log In to your new account (see the image below for further reference).
Once you have created your LastPass account, here are the steps you need to follow when you want to send us your passwords:
1. When you are inside your LastPass Vault, create a new Secure Note in the Menu on the left under Add Secure Note option (Image 1).
2. Fill in the Secure Note information (Name, Folder) and write down the information you want to share with us (Image 2)
3. Add the Secure Note (it will show in your LastPass Vault now)
4. Besides the New Secure Note, you will see the menu with options: Edit, Share, Delete
5. Go to the "Share option". (Image 3)
6. You will have to verify your email address first:
7. After verifying of your email address you will have to click on Share button again (see image 3).
8. Share this Secure Note with your sensitive information with others by simply adding their email address in the option "Who Would You Like To Share With" (Image 5). If you are not sure of the email address of the person inside Foliovision with whom you would like to share your password, please use last plus of course our domain at foliovision.com.
8. Hit "Share" in the pop-up window
9. Congratulations! Your information has been securely shared now!
Most important of all the functions this feature offers, LastPass is great for storing all your login and password information from different websites in one place, so that you don't have to remember all of them any longer. They will be protected by your master password and you can get access to them from any computer, securely and easily.
Thank you for using this guidelines every time you share your sensitive information with us. Creating a secure password and protecting it can be a difficult task but luckily, there are some great tools such as LastPass or Bitwarden out there!