If you site is too slow, it has probably:
- too many files for no good reason
- too much data to be downloaded for no good reason
- tricky database queries which slow down your page loads
- too much CSS to process
Your site might take more than 20 seconds to load when it should be down to three seconds.
Google has said that they favour fast sites in their rankings. Can you really afford to have a slow site and poor rankings?
Speed up Your WordPress includes all of the following:
- Benchmark your host
How fast are your database queries and how fast are the files being served?
- Basic template optimization
We look for slow and redundant database queries. Are there any excessive images in the template and CSS?
- Properly configured WordPress page cache
Caching allows you to serve more visitors faster
- Reduced number of files
Some big stylesheets and web fonts can be often omitted
- Lazyloading of images
No reason to load what's not going to show
- Security check
Check your WordPress configuration and permissions
* We normally take page loads time down from 12 seconds to under 3 seconds. If you start at five seconds we should be able to bring you down to 2 seconds.