- How to use ads in FV Flowplayer
- Using Amazon S3 Secure Content
- How to create subtitles
- Video Encoding for HTML 5
- User Guide
- Amazon S3 MIME Settings
- How to use RTMP streams with Flash
- Programmer’s Guide
Facing a hard to solve WordPress
problem? On a tight deadline?
Let us take care of it for youFoliovision Pro Support
wmv and mov files
Martin: “Hello Chan, please read about MOV video here: http://foliovision.com/wordpress/plugins/fv-wordpress-flowplayer/encoding#flash-only WMV is a proprietary…”
FV FlowPlayer causing mixed HTTP/HTTPS warning on pages without video
Martin: “Hello Donald, I see, we are looking into this. Was that option just…”
Encoding for iTunes
Martin: “Hello Chan, have you tried purchasing some video like yours form iTunes…”
video not playing because of bad external scripts
Martin: “Hello Zach, did you tried to use the "Check template" on the…”
Poster Image Not Working With Special Characters
Martin: “Hello Ricky, Wordpress won't keep any ' signs in the file URL…”
Why does my page name read "keywords" after the page name?
samgreensted: “No, just installed this one. Have no idea how it got…”
internet explorer 8
Carl: “Hi Support, I am trying to get the video to play in…”
Video player working, thumbnail not showing (custom post type)
Martin: “Hello Danny, you can either try to insert a video with the…”
How To Edit, Rotate A Video
Gregory: “Admin: Video Warnings Analysis of http://fourdsstudio.com/fourdsstudio/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/20140203_211551.mp4 Warning: Meta Data (moov) not found at…”
- wmv and mov files
While we haven't experienced issues anymore with new plugin version (issues with browser caching in version 2.1 were fixed in version 2.1.1.), it's possible that the old version worked better for you, as the core Flowplayer 5 is still in active improvement (see known issues and updates).
Here's a quick guide how you can install the old version which is still using Flowplayer 3.
- Download the older version (1.2.17): http://foliovision.com/downloads/fv-wordpress-flowplayer-1.2.17.zip
- On your WordPress site, deactivate and delete the plugin. Don't worry, your options will be preserved.
- Then install the plugin from ZIP file by going into Plugins --> Add New --> Upload
If you also already replaced all of your
[flowplayer] shortcodes with
[fvplayer], here's how can take this change back (you do not have to do this, as new version of our plugin works with both shortcodes).
- Install plugin called Search Regex. It lets you find some text in all of your articles and replace it with some other text. There are more plugins like this, so you can use your faviorite one, but this is the plugin which we use.
Before using this plugin, we strongly recommend that you back up your database. Otherwise if you make a typo, it might change your shortcodes differently (if you are a programmer, you probably can fix that with another search and replace). Here's a WordPress.org article about how to backup a database.
How to use Search Regex to search and replace shortcodes
- Next enter
[fvplayeras search pattern ad
[flowplayeras replace pattern. Make sure you do not check the "Regex" checkbox. That's right, there is no closing
- Click "Replace & Save". Unless you have thousands of posts, this should only take a few seconds to finish.