- How to use ads in FV Flowplayer
- Using Amazon S3 Secure Content
- How to create subtitles
- Video Encoding for HTML 5
- User Guide
- Amazon S3 MIME Settings
- How to use RTMP streams with Flash
- Programmer’s Guide
Facing a hard to solve WordPress
problem? On a tight deadline?
Let us take care of it for youFoliovision Pro Support
Closed Captions Button
Martin: “Hello gbowman, unfortunately this is currently a limitation of core Flowplayer. However…”
Fullscreen unavailable if player contained in Toggle
gbowman: “Hi – When the video was just embedded on the page…”
Martin: “Hello gbowman, you need to add this line into your .htaccess file…”
Player controls not displaying on RTMP live stream
Donald P.: “Alec, Sorry, I am out of town on a business trip right…”
how to add multiple subtitles for same video ?
Martin: “Hello Kushtrim, this is bit of a problem, as different browsers support…”
Issues with JustCloud.com
Martin: “Hello Ronald157, there should be no issue with your video file as…”
Martin: “Hello Wendy, if it's .htaccess then there is little our plugin can…”
Fix splash image on videos with different aspect ratio
Martin: “Hello Mateusz, thank you for a great suggestion! We will definitely fix…”
Issue getting back from fullscreen
Martin: “Hello Francois, indeed, just installing Photo Gallery breaks the fullscreen function of…”
Martin: “Hello dot4all, Unfortunately at this point we only do this when required,…”
- Closed Captions Button
While we haven't experienced issues anymore with new plugin version (issues with browser caching in version 2.1 were fixed in version 2.1.1.), it's possible that the old version worked better for you, as the core Flowplayer 5 is still in active improvement (see known issues and updates).
Here's a quick guide how you can install the old version which is still using Flowplayer 3.
- Download the older version (1.2.17): http://foliovision.com/downloads/fv-wordpress-flowplayer-1.2.17.zip
- On your WordPress site, deactivate and delete the plugin. Don't worry, your options will be preserved.
- Then install the plugin from ZIP file by going into Plugins --> Add New --> Upload
If you also already replaced all of your
[flowplayer] shortcodes with
[fvplayer], here's how can take this change back (you do not have to do this, as new version of our plugin works with both shortcodes).
- Install plugin called Search Regex. It lets you find some text in all of your articles and replace it with some other text. There are more plugins like this, so you can use your faviorite one, but this is the plugin which we use.
Before using this plugin, we strongly recommend that you back up your database. Otherwise if you make a typo, it might change your shortcodes differently (if you are a programmer, you probably can fix that with another search and replace). Here's a WordPress.org article about how to backup a database.
How to use Search Regex to search and replace shortcodes
- Next enter
[fvplayeras search pattern ad
[flowplayeras replace pattern. Make sure you do not check the "Regex" checkbox. That's right, there is no closing
- Click "Replace & Save". Unless you have thousands of posts, this should only take a few seconds to finish.